Wednesday, May 30, 2007

raph per conversation


I am what I do
(DJ Arafat 2)

i am
Swiss born,
German influenced,
in the middle of European history
Swiss German speaking
poet and musician
from the mountains, slowly following gravity
from a travelling background that almost never left Western Europe

i am
finding out where I am, with who
interaction with given circumstances and PEOPLE
support other peoples ideas and projects with sound/text/translation
trying to make people happy, laughing
give them a good time
trying to adapt to where I am without loosing myself

johannesburg
I feel like an endangered species in the city centre of Jo’burg, no one in the street expects me to be here.
I don’t know if I should be here at all, the problems in this city seem to be its' personal problems,
people are afraid of people,
a huge amount of fear and hatred that probably have historical reasons, but is also most likely abused by people in power, there are many reasons
I have not yet encountered a place/space that seems ‘normal’ to me, so I have doubts about my sense of normality..

a conglomerate of many different lives and structures, of insane differences between people
I don’t know what holds it together
hard to determine what the future will bring, no one seems to have solutions
huge different social backgrounds and chances,
a big influence of the USA that only exists in the media, in movies or the arts,
somehow it feels that the inherent brutality in American pop culture helps to normalise the abnormality

No comments: